The one when I turned 22

It has become a tradition to cut the cake at midnight on birthdays. The same happened with me, but instead of a cake, it was my favorite chocolate brownie ice cream. I celebrated with my family after which I attended a group video call with my college friends. We chatted and played 'scribble' online. It was around 4 AM when I went to sleep.

I woke up with lots of phone calls in the morning, mostly from my family in Haryana. For a few hours, it was me waking up, attending the call, and going back to sleep again :D. Finally, I woke up at 11:30 AM and texted my friends to ask when they were coming over. After doing some daily chores, I was getting ready and my friends arrived. They helped with my make-up and after an hour or two we left for a restaurant called 'The Ten Suites'. This was the first time I was taking my friends out in a car. We all were pretty excited and a little nervous too. It was an amazing trip to the restaurant. We clicked a lot of pictures and being the birthday girl, all of them had their cameras on me to make me feel special. The restaurant had an amazing vibe, it wasn't crowded and had a great ambiance. After we had our snacks, it was decided to visit another cafe called 'Baker's Castle'. I love their cakes and wanted to order one for my birthday as well. My friends bought pastries and we had a little cake-cutting ceremony.

We left around 7:30 PM and it had already gotten dark. Due to construction for the metro, many diversions have been created around Bhopal to ease out the traffic and we got lost in one of them. Finally, after managing to find a way out with those bumpy roads, heavy traffic, and pouring rain, we reached home. It was one hell of a drive.

This beautiful day ended with a cake-cutting ceremony at my home with family and friends. It was an amazing day and I will cherish its memories for my life.



Comments

Popular Posts